My neighbor’s chickens are what started me on a quest for the best quiet blenders. If that sounds weird, please let me explain.
If you’re like me and you’re the first one out of bed in the morning, I’ll bet you enjoy the quiet time you get to yourself. That peace and tranquility when everyone else is still snoring away is precious, indeed.
In fact, I sometimes go to bed extra early just so I can get some good sleep and still get up before the sun and have the house to myself.
The last thing I want is anyone, or anything, shattering the calm of my morning, and that includes the neighbor’s chickens. (They’re gone now, and I swear none of them ended up on my grill; he got tired of them too).
As you’re probably aware, most blenders are up there pretty high on the Decibel scale. For some, you almost have to leave the room while they do their thing.
In the past, I’ve heard some complaints from the family members who appreciate a good night’s sleep when I fire mine up too early in the morning. If you’ve had the same type of complaints, or are just searching for some quiet blender reviews, please read on, I think you’re gonna like this.
The Hamilton Beach brand is known for high quality kitchen electrics, and this device is no exception. It has a powerful motor and many features that are found on higher-priced models. Just take a look below.
• 1500 Watt, 2 HP peak power motor
• Hardened Stainless steel blades
• 4 settings – Ice Crush, Smoothie, Puree, and Clean
• 32 Ounce jar is shatterproof and BPA free
• Quiet Shield included, which also doubles as a server. Also has a tamper for thick mixtures
• Variable speed dial for ultimate control
• 5 Year Limited Warranty
• 7.7 X 17.2 X 11.4 inches – 10.5 pounds
Hamilton Beach has 100 years of experience with kitchen appliances, so they know what they’re doing.
Some people love the fact that this unit has a built-in clean cycle. You simply add detergent and warm water and press the pre-programmed button and it does its thing. All the parts are dishwasher safe.
Some people have mentioned the fact that jar itself does not have a handle, and I suppose that’s so the Quiet Shield can fit over it easily, not a deal breaker for most folks but something to take not of. Remember that the shield doubles as a pitcher that you can pour from.
Also, some users have mentioned that this unit is still plenty loud, while others have said it’s definitely quieter than the blenders they were replacing.
All in all, this Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender is a solid unit, and is much less than comparable brands.
While we’re on the subject of Hamilton Beach Blenders, here’s another one that performs quiet well.
Hamilton Beach seems to have heard the complains of consumers and taken steps to reduce the saound of some of their blender machines. Take a look below to see some of the features of this unit.
• 950 Watts of power
• Simple Controls
• Hinged, two-piece sound shield flips up for easy access to blender jar
• Specially designed MultiBlend jar works well for a wide variety of materials
• Huge 52-ounce dishwasher safe glass jar
• Super sharp Stainless steel blades
• Features 3 speeds with a pulse control
• 9.1 X 16.1 X 10.2 inches – 8.5 pounds
• 3 Year Limited Warranty
Folks seem to love this blender, although some do complain that the NoiseShield can be a pain to deal with and is just another part to clean, while not providing all that much noise isolation.
The Hamilton Beach 53600 engineers have taken steps to make the motor quieter by designing it with muffled chambers to reduce the noise from this unit. It seems to reduce the high-pitched whine normally associated with blenders, shifting the sound to a more lower frequency that’s not quite so bothersome.
It’s also a low profile unit that seems to fit well under most standard height cabinets.
It’s tough to go wrong with a Hamilton Beach unit.
Here’s a cool option from New Age Living, and one that most people seem to really like. Like the others we’ve taken a look at, it employs a quiet shield to help reduce noise, and also has features that are mostly found on more expensive models.
Please see the details below.
• Powerful 3.5 HP motor
• Blades rotate at up to 35,000 RPM
• Serrated, Stainless steel blades
• Controls are simple – On/Off – Speed Control – Pulse- Timer
• Huge 68-ounce jar
• Noise shield shroud stays firmly in place while blending
• 1500 Watt – 3.5 HP Peak
• Specially designed blender feet significantly reduce vibrations
• 0 – 5 minute timer – but unit can be used without timer
• 14 X 10 X 20 inches – 14 pounds
• Generous 5-year warranty
This New Age Living Blender seems to be a solid performer. I can’t find too many complaints about anything, but of course you’ll always have some that complain about the noise level.
All in all, another solid unit at a price that won’t break the bank.
They advertise the Blendtec Pro 800 as the world’s quietest blender, and while we really can’t verify that, plenty of people are pleased with the noise level and also the operation of this beauty.
Blendtec is well-known as one of the world’s finest blenders, with a huge list of features, such as the following:
• Illuminated touch interface
• 6 pre-programmed cycles – including batters, soups, smoothies, and mixed drinks
• 11 Speed touch slider with pulse
• Sound enclosure and vibration reducing features
• Large BPA free plastic jar
• Extremely generous 10 year warranty
• 15 X 9.8 X 17.3 inches – around 12 pounds
Blendtec is tops in the blender industry and well known for producing high quality items. This unit is no exception, and even though it’s quite an investment, if you’re serious about your blending, this may be the unit for you.
You can rest easy with a 10 year warranty, and this just may be one of the quietest blenders on the planet.
If you’re ready to make an investment in a professional level product, the Blendtec Pro 800 will not let you down.
Here’s a great example of a relatively quiet blender that doesn’t employ a shield surrounding the unit the get the job done.
While quiet is a relative term when it comes to blenders, this unit seems to accomplish the impossible, all while incorporating great features and a sleek design.
• 5 speeds plus pulse
• Unique Hemisphere bowl and blade system that draws material down while blending, for uniform results
• 48-ounce PBA free jar
• 1 HP – 750 Watt motor
• LCD timer counts up on speed settings and down for preprogrammed settings
• Easy to read illuminated buttons
• Because of its design – very easy to clean, which is always a plus
• Compact design – 8.5 X 6.5 X 17 inches – 11 Pounds
Everybody who uses kitchen appliances knows the Breville name. They make high quality products and this unit is no exception.
The unique blade design on this Breville BBL605XL is hard to describe, you really should take a look. Once you see it you’ll understand how it makes smoothies so smooth and chops up everything so thoroughly.
NOTE: Some users have reported quality issues with their units, so please be aware of this. Despite that these blenders are very popular and do have a pretty generous warranty from this well known manufacturer.
Well, there you have it, the best quiet blenders we could find, reviewed.
As I said above, quiet is a relative term when it comes to blenders, and there really is no such thing as one that will make very little noise.
But there are some blenders that are quieter than others, and I’ve found the ones reviewed above to be the best of the best as far as being less noisy blenders.
Enjoy, and be well!
Ted is a writer and avid researcher on the subject of nutrition and general wellness. He has recently published books on Sugar Detox as well as the inflammation epidemic, and continues to improve his knowledge by constantly remaining up to date with the latest news and trends in the nutrition world. When not busy writing, you can find him playing banjo and guitar, or outside fishing.