Let’s face it; there are few things more satisfying in life than a good night’s sleep. And of all the things I’ve tried to help me attain this often-elusive commodity, sleep headphones seemed to have helped the most. That’s why I want to spread the word and show you some of the best sleep headphones I’ve found.
Here on the path to the greatest health possible, we leave no pillow unturned in our quest to find the best possible solutions for you and your family.
Let’s take a look at the AcousticSheep Sleephones, one of the most recognizable brands of sleep head phones. Being a leader in this space, they have a lot going for them. Let’s check out some of the highlights.
• Invented by a doctor to help patients fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer
• Designed with the intent to allow people a drug-free way to get a good night’s sleep
• Made from woven fleece material, designed for comfort
• Removeable speakers allows you to wash the headband
• Cord is 4 feet long
• Works with virtually any device that accepts standard 3.5mm input, such as Iphone and Android devices, tablets, and white noise machines
• Perfect for travelers
• 1 year warranty / satisfaction guarantee
I’ve tried many pairs of headphones, and also ear plugs, and it’s tough to get comfortable ones. A headband seems like a good idea to me, and the fact that you can remove these speakers to wash it is a big plus, in my opinion.
Of course, no product is perfect, and I found that some users complain about the following when using this sleep headphone:
• Some people have complained that the connections are fragile
• Users have mentioned that sleeping on your side could be painful due to the speakers pressing against your head
• Some folks say that the audio volume is not loud enough (I would think this would depend on the device you use?)
• For “hot” sleepers, some say the fleece is too hot
Remember to choose the correct size when ordering these, they have a size chart on the page that you can refer to.
Here we have a Bluetooth solution, thereby eliminating the cord and possibly making for a more comfortable sleeping situation. Most devices these days have a Bluetooth option, so it shouldn’t be an issue connecting these to any device you have available.
NOTE: Remember that you also must make your room as conducive for sleep as possible. Here’s an article I wrote on sleep inducing light bulbs – they really work!
Here are some of the features:
• Uses Bluetooth 4.1 technology for great sound quality
• Extremely thin speakers for enhanced comfort
• Functions as an eye mask as well, for blocking out light and achieving deep sleep
• Excellent for use on long airline flights
• Rechargeable battery lasts all night long
• Everything is completely removable so the device can be washed
• Adjustable with a Velcro® strap to fit all sizes
• Will not beep if battery runs down during sleep
• Easy to connect to Bluetooth
Some folks say these aren’t the best for side sleepers, while others have no issues with these.
Some also say that the battery life is not the greatest.
There are also those that say it drops from Bluetooth occasionally.
All things considered, it looks like a good value.
Here again we have another popular product from the well-known company, Acoustic Sheep. These SleepPhones are a Bluetooth offering that possess some great features. Please check out the list below.
• Developed by a family doctor
• Great alternative to prescription drugs and other sleep aids
• Cordless for ultimate comfort and usability
• Wear like a headband, lightweight and cool material, even for “hot sleepers”
• Blocks out background noises like traffic, snoring, etc.
• They weigh just 6 ounces
• Ultrathin speakers mean extra comfort for you
• May also be used for a sleep mask
• 1 year warranty and satisfaction guarantee
Drawbacks: Some people say that they’ve had these disconnect from Bluetooth in the middle of the night, but I guess that’s a hazard with this type of technology. Also, some users say that it’s difficult to recharge these units – you have to fish around inside the headband to connect the cord.
Make sure you get the right size when you order. There’s a sizing chart on the order page, but you’ll have to know you head or hat size to make sure you get the right one. They say the medium size fits most, but I’d measure to be sure.
Here’s yet another Bluetooth headband style of sleep headphones from Cozyphones. They are value-packed and full of features, as you can see from the list below.
• Mesh lining to keep you cool and prevent slipping if you toss and turn at night
• Fully washable (hand washing only)
• Unique design helps headband stay in place
• Lightweight – just under 3 ounces
• Removable speakers
• Long lasting when fully charged
• 100% money back guarantee
Some people have complained that these are uncomfortable for sleeping with, but others have stated that they are very comfortable, so it may come down to personal taste.
Most users have said that the sound quality is good for this style of device, but true audiophiles may have an issue with sound quality. These are not meant to be high fidelity devices.
All in all, this is a great choice if you’re just considering this sort of solution and wondering if these types of devices can be of any help to you. The price is reasonable, you can check it here.
Another quality product from Cozyphones, these sleep headphones are corded and offer great value. You can see from the list below that they offer many of the features available in much more expensive units. These are perfect for people who don’t want to be bothered by connecting Bluetooth headphones or risk them randomly dropping the connection.
• Amazingly thin 1/8 inch thick speakers
• Comfortable fleece material, mesh-lined for keeping you cool while sleeping
• Extra long 52 inch cable doesn’t twist or kink under normal conditions
• Compatible with all devices that have a 3.5mm audio jack
• Lightweight – under 2 ounces!
• Great alternative to earbuds
• 100% satisfaction guarantee
These are a great entry level start for those unsure of whether this sort of thing will work for them. Some have said that the headband slips around on them at night, while others say it fits fine and is the most comfortable set of earphones they have ever worn.
They do produce stereo sound, but if you’re expecting high fidelity you’ll be disappointed a bit, because these types of units just aren’t made for that.
Well, there you have it. We’ve reviewed a few of the best sleep headphones on the market, and the conclusion is that while these are definitely not producing the absolute best sound quality, they do what they advertise, which is to assist with falling and staying asleep without the use of drugs and their unwanted side effects.
If you’re looking for a way to fall asleep naturally and safely, this might just be the best way to do it!
Ted is a writer and avid researcher on the subject of nutrition and general wellness. He has recently published books on Sugar Detox as well as the inflammation epidemic, and continues to improve his knowledge by constantly remaining up to date with the latest news and trends in the nutrition world. When not busy writing, you can find him playing banjo and guitar, or outside fishing.